Reasons why responsive web design is recommended for all eCommerce businesses
You’ve probably heard the phrase ‘responsive web design’ a few times. What is responsive design? It is a web design trend that is predicted to remain dominant for years to come. Responsive design is a set of techniques and tools used to make websites fit all screens, small and large. Web designers all over the world have realized the importance of designing websites in this way. They recommend responsive websites for ecommerce business owners. This is because web surfers always prefer websites that can be viewed on any device, be it a laptop or a mobile phone. These days, many people browse the web from portable devices like smartphones and responsive websites that are responsive in nature are what they really like. Here are five good reasons why these types of websites are recommended for all eCommerce businesses.
- Flexible Websites: Websites created in this way adapt well to any screen size. There was a time when websites were primarily designed for desktop computers. But with the advent of smaller, more portable devices, web designers felt the need to design websites that were flexible and could be opened and viewed from any device. Responsive design was the answer.
- Features are easy to find: As far as the usability factor is concerned, these websites are much more advanced than their predecessors. All the features of the websites can be found easily, unlike desktop-only websites that were like maze games for many mobile web surfers.
- Cost effective design: Designers don’t need to develop multiple versions of a website now. Powered by the latest tools and technologies, modern designers ensure that a website fits all screens while significantly reducing costs.
- Fluid Designs: The text content and images used on these sites are adaptable with new technologies and the scope for further changes/modifications remains open for website maintenance professionals.
- Lowest bounce rate: ‘Bounce rate’ is the percentage of website visitors who leave a site without fully or partially exploring it. Bounce rate increases due to various reasons including poor navigation and slow loading of web pages. Responsive web design professionals ensure a lower bounce rate by making navigation easier and increasing the usability quotient of a website.
Should You Hire a Responsive Web Design Professional?
You must have a proper understanding of what responsive web design is and its importance in eCommerce website design. You should not hire a professional without properly knowing the characteristics of this type of website. Otherwise, you may be misled by counterfeit designers. The best way to know about responsive design is to search Wikipedia and other authoritative websites. Do some research on the web first and then decide if you really need a responsive website or if an inflexible website could work well for your ecommerce business. However, since mobile users are increasing by leaps and bounds, designing responsive business websites is highly recommended.