Effective small bedroom setups
The arrangement of the furniture in the room reflects the lifestyle of the inhabitants. So, create a friendly environment that not only supports your daily routine, but also speaks your mind. The bedroom is the space where one spends time relaxing and enjoying. Don’t let the space in the bedroom limit your arrangement ideas. Think outside the box to use space efficiently and productively. I am using this space to share some ideas that can shape your bedroom into a beautiful room.
- Start with the bed as it will define the entire setup. Consider the room profile before purchasing beds. Avoid simple styles as they serve little purpose. Look for a versatile bed that can overcome space limitations. Folding beds, trundle beds, and bunk beds are the main space-saving items.
- The folding beds are second to none in terms of utility. They can be arranged vertically or horizontally according to the dimensions of the room. On the other hand, it requires the restructuring of the wall.
- The trundle beds have a removable drawer under the bed where blankets or sheets can be placed. You need to be a little careful about the free space on the wall.
- Bunk beds are ideal for tight spaces. They come in different sizes and designs. Functional bunk beds take center stage in many contemporary rooms. They add value to the space.
- If you are a bookworm, find a bookcase that fits behind the bed. I would imitate a headboard with a bookcase. It occupies 10 to 12 inches of space. If you have little free space behind the bed, look for a bed that has book shelves at the foot of the bed. Even small boxes on the shelf can be filled with blankets.
- Choose bedside tables that occupy a small space. A tall, narrow bedside table offers more storage space compared to normal ones. The saved space can be used to place a reading chair.
- Since every inch of the small room is important, don’t leave the space under the dresser empty. You can place storage baskets or collecting baskets.
- Why choose a dresser set if you have a dresser? Add a mirror to the wall that the dresser is placed against it. It’s a simple creation with great value.
- If you want room to decorate the bedroom, look for a wall mounted shelf that can display your prized possessions.
Tidy up the bedroom by organizing things. Although it takes time, it will reward you in a good way. Many shopping sites offer an Augmented Reality interface where the buyer can check the compatibility of the bedroom furniture.