Top 10 Reasons to Connect Divinely
When you think of “The Divine” or “God” or “Great Spirit” or “Infinite Intelligence”, what do you think of? Do you think of love, compassion, wisdom, inspiration and miracles? In my experience, these are all characteristics of The Divine. The more I connect with the Divine, the more these characteristics become a part of me and the more I experience them in my life. You could say that connecting divinely is about becoming “more like God” in your life. Pretty cool, yeah?
Connecting Divinely is something that can be learned, practiced and developed. Since the Divine IS literally the source of your life, quite frankly I can’t think of anything more important and powerful than connecting you Divinely.
Here are the top 10 reasons to connect divinely. These are not in any priority or order – they are ALL incredibly valuable and important. I found that their relative importance tends to depend on the particular life experience and situations one finds oneself in.
1) Peace. It does not matter that. When you are Divinely Connected, you KNOW that all is always well, no matter what and no matter what it looks like.
2) Wise guidance for life choices. When you are Divinely Connected, you have access to the wisest and most knowledgeable friend, which is hugely beneficial and an incredible stress and time saver! Also, invaluable for those “hard times” in life.
3) Unconditional love. Some people say that “getting the love you want” is what life is all about (at least that’s what everyone is unconsciously trying to achieve): “All I want is to be loved!” When you are divinely connected, you already have all the love you want: unwavering, ever-present, and supremely satisfying. There is no substitute.
4) Synchronicities, miracles and magic. This is one of my favorites. When you are Divinely Connected, the Universe is always “winking” at you. Things happen (far beyond coincidence) that you could never have orchestrated on your own.
5) Power. This is somewhat related to number 4, but it is different. When you are Divinely Connected, you can trust a “power greater than yourself.” This means you KNOW you don’t have to do it all (and you can’t anyway!). You can “share the load” and make it all work out. This GREATLY reduces stress
6) You are never alone. When you are Divinely Connected, you are always with the most loyal, loving, supportive, inspiring and compassionate presence. The ideal friend/spouse/partner!
7) Wonder and amazement. When you are Divinely Connected, you can see beyond the flat material world into the animating energy of all. This is related to Einstein’s quote “Either everything is a miracle, or nothing is.”
8) Compassion for others. When you are Divinely Connected, you see the big picture and you know that everyone is doing the best they can, with the awareness that they have, within the circumstances of their life. Instead of anger, your heart goes out to people as you know that if they were Divinely Connected they would not be doing some of the things they do. (One definition of “evil” is simply “absence of the Divine”).
9) Gratitude and humility. When Divinely Connected every moment is a gift. You are present to the undeniable beauty of the world and you are amazed and humbled by it all.
10) Without fear of death. When you are Divinely Connected, you see, experience and KNOW the infinite and eternal nature and reality of life. You know there is no death, only transformation and transitions. This provides a great degree of freedom to simply live!
All of this can be achieved with practice. Without a practice, without intentionally and consciously seeking the Divine, without actively creating your Connection, it will remain a mysterious fantasy, an unreality, perhaps even a “crutch for those who cannot handle the real world.”
However, the more you look and have faith, the more you see. The more you see, the more you believe. The more you believe, the more you experience. And the more you experience, the more you KNOW. You don’t “think” and “believe” in God, you KNOW God. You are Divinely Connected!
How do you connect more with the Divine? Try this:
Explore your current connection and relationship with God/Universal Intelligence/Great Spirit/Source. How strong is this connection? How clear? How free and empowered are you in that relationship? Is there any opportunity for you to strengthen this relationship? Then sit back, take a few deep breaths, close your eyes, and ask yourself, “How can I increase my connection to the Divine?” Then listen to what comes out. Perhaps you start a meditation practice, or journal, or sit quietly in your garden in the morning.
Whatever works for YOU, do it daily and you will become more and more Divinely Connected!